An overview of our attorneys’ major past and current accomplishments regarding municipal law include:
Our representation of the Village of Marissa includes the following projects:
- We negotiated the Wastewater Facility. The Wastewater Facility was completed and paid for by Waste Management and deeded to the Village of Marissa.
- We negotiated the TIF, sales tax, redevelopment agreement and related agreements regarding the Peabody-Waterside 2200 acre residential/ recreational/retail multi-use development project.
- We assisted the Village in obtaining low interest loans from the USDA in order to finance complete renovation and extension of the municipal water supply system.
Our representation of the Village of New Baden includes the following projects:
- We negotiated and sited the Wastewater Facility including grant review and bond financing. Start-up is expected in 2011.
- We revised and created building codes, procedures and inspection protocol.
- We negotiated the police union contracts.
- We assisted in the creation of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) District and a Business District (BD) along the Interstate 64 corrider.
Our representation of the Village of Shiloh includes the following projects:
- We negotiated the TIF, sales tax and related agreements regarding the Shiloh Dierbergs 57-acre shopping center.
- We assisted in the development of a comprehensive plan, sub plans, and expanded regional plan. These plans connect land use to infrastructure development and include interior roads, collectors, drainage and sewer issues.
- We negotiated land use, zoning, and public private financing for the 63-acre mixed use Wingate Development. This project included intergovernmental funding for a $15 million dollar elementary school to be located within the project, and negotiations between the developer, school district and municipality.
- We negotiated a $230 million dollar McEagle mixed use retail/ commercial/office/ residential development. The development includes tax increment financing, special business district taxing district, creation and sales tax allocation and developer rebate to support public/private bonds.
Our representation of the City of Highland includes the following projects:
- We developed and presented enhancement and entitlement packages for new businesses locating in the area.
- We developed the legal infrastructure for a fiber optic broadband communications system that will serve the entire community of Highland and provide cutting edge electronic infrastructure for the business community.
- We negotiated and drafted a pipeline easement agreement that provided substantial safeguards and a quarter million dollar payment to the City of Highland by the pipeline company.
- Assisted in the creation of a new TIF District to provide infrastucture financing for the new St. Joseph’s Hospital.
Our representation of the Village of Glen Carbon includes the following projects:
- Created a Business District and negotatiated a public financing package to bring a Sam’s Club to the Village, which would also clean up a contaminated site in a major commercial section of the Village.
- We negotiate the Village’s union contracts
Our representation of the City of Trenton includes the following projects:
- Negotiated with Kaskaskia College for the transfer of real estate and improvements from the City to the College for the expansion of the Kaskaskia College Trenton Education Center.
Our representation of the City of O’Fallon includes the following projects:
- Assisted in the creation of a new TIF District to provide infrastucture financing for the new St. Elizabeth’s Hospital.
- Represented the City before Illinois state agencies to obtain approval for the Venita Drive overpass.
Electric Aggregation – We represented five (5) municipalities in the first municipal electric aggregation buying group in Southern and Central Illinois. Work on behalf of our municipal clients included preparing the referendum resolutions, conducting public hearings, drafting a plan of operation of governance, and reviewing and approving supplier contracts.